We’re on the hunt for a new Junior Web Developer to join our growing team
Job Title: Junior Web Developer
Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
Salary: £18,000 – £25,000
At Factory Pattern we deliver profitable and proven digital experiences, through research, design and technology.
We’re a digital consultancy who place client needs ahead of ‘looking good’. We research first and design second to create the best possible experience for our clients and maximise conversions.
We’re growing, and we need a Junior Web Developer to join the team.
- Be part of a UX and digital marketing consultancy who create beautifully crafted eCommerce experiences for national and international clients
- Become a key part of the business, and influence digital strategy.
- Fun digital company with a wide range of small to large challenging and interesting projects. From one-off jobs to retained projects.
We’re on the hunt for a new junior Developer to join our growing team in July 2021. Someone who’s serious about front-end technologies but also has a keen eye for good design and really cares about how the things they make end up looking on screen.
Over the last 12 years we’ve been through an evolution; from a small 2 person team, through to an integrated UX focused digital agency. Our digital team delivers campaigns and sites for ecommerce companies and we produce top-notch creative content.
We like to challenge ourselves, so we’re looking for someone who’s really open to testing out new technologies when the opportunity presents itself.
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for a dynamic junior web developer to join our team. You will be assisting with website builds, implementing new design features, and working to ensure that the underlying structure of a client’s website is correct. You will be taking direction from a senior developer and assisting with all aspects of website and application design.
To ensure success as a junior web developer, you need to possess excellent website development skills and meticulous attention to detail. Ultimately, a top-notch junior web developer should be able to work well under pressure in a highly technical environment.
- Assisting the web development team with all aspects of website and application design.
- Assisting with the testing and maintenance of backend and front-end applications.
- Brainstorming new tech applications such as digital storage and mobile technology.
- Collaborating with developers to implement new web features.
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest technology and programming trends.
- Converting video, audio, written, and graphic components into compatible formats for the web.
- Using user feedback to identify and correct problems with a client’s website.
The stuff we’re expecting:
- Knowledge of PHP
- A passion for the web and an eagerness to learn
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Solid understanding of web design and development principles
- Good planning, analytical, and decision-making skills
- Critical-thinking skills
- In-depth knowledge of software prototyping and UX design tools
- Goal-orientated and deadline-driven
The stuff we’d love to see
- You know your way around Sketch, XD and Photoshop
- Good understanding of SEO and UX principles
- Understanding of source control (we use bitbucket)
The nice stuff
We’re all about making Factory Pattern a seriously nice place to be.
Here’s a few things we do:
- Holiday allowance of 25 days per year (plus bank holidays and 3 additional days off over the Xmas period)
- Annual Weekend Away
- Training (internally and externally)
- Free company events
- Pension scheme
- Passion project time
- Headspace Subscription
- The finest selection of tea, coffee and fresh fruit
- Ted Talk Tuesdays – we all get together and watch a TED talk (or similar on Tuesdays) which helps bring the team together and expand our minds that little bit more
Really important stuff
- Starting salary: £18,000.00-£25,000.00 per year
- Location: our lovely studio (The Factory Floor) in central Cheltenham
- Bike to work scheme
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Discounted or free food
- Sick pay
- Wellness programmes
- Monday to Friday
Working 2m apart, cleaning down desks daily, hand sanitising, no clients visiting the office.
Write to us and let us know why we should pick you: firstname.lastname@example.org
P.s. No recruitment agencies please, just excellent candidates!