We’re on the look-out for a Mid-Weight Designer to join our team.
We’re looking for a bright, talented and hard-working Mid-Weight Designer to join our team.
Job Title: Mid-Weight Digital Designer
Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
Salary: £25,000 – £28,000
Are you a creative and ambitious Digital Designer, looking for a genuinely unique opportunity to join a high-growth, digital consultancy?
Do you want to work in a position where you’ll use your creative talent to help shape brilliantly innovative user experiences and interfaces that customers are going to love?
Are you creative, driven and passionate about the designs you produce?
We have an outstanding opportunity for an experienced Digital Designer to join a high-performing digital consultancy based in Cheltenham.
- Be part of a UX / digital marketing consultancy who create beautifully crafted ecommerce experiences for national and international clients
- Become a key part of the business, and influence design strategy
- Work on a wide range of small to large challenging and interesting projects
This is a hugely exciting opportunity for a middleweight digital designer to work with amazing clients on some really exciting projects.
You’ll get to work on big projects as well as smaller ones – across websites, emails, banners, interaction design, including UI, UX design from concepts to completion.
The stuff we’re expecting
- You’re currently a mid-weight digital designer
- You can collaborate with junior team members, proofing and checking all artwork and making necessary corrections to ensure creative consistency
- Excellent knowledge of Sketch, the Adobe Creative Suite (XD, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator), and fully competent in Mac OS
- Experience with prototyping software such as Marvel
- Adept at UI/digital design and have a real interest in User Interfaces
- Ability to work to individual and team deadlines
- From concept to completion, you can execute and deliver outstanding work and have the ability to present and communicate your ideas clearly
- You design to the brief, but also have the ability to suggest and present alternatives
- You follow design principles in order to make easy-to-use, pleasurable designs
- Familiar with working with web development team know what it takes to help deliver amazing websites
The stuff we’d love to see
- Wireframing experience would be great
- Data led, comfortable using data to inform design choices
- A collaborative approach to design, comfortable working with people from all backgrounds
- Leading our junior designer and working with them to improve their design skills and process
- Good stakeholder management experience, able to rationalise design decisions to others
- Knowledge of front end web design would be an advantage
- Interested in developing design systems to improve consistency across platforms, build more-intuitive digital experiences, and allow designers and engineers to focus on addressing bigger problems
- Ambitious — looking for the next step-up — to be challenged and energized by increased responsibility and the autonomy to shape your new role
The nice stuff
We’re all about making Factory Pattern a seriously nice place to be.
Here are a few things we do:
- A holiday allowance of 25 days per year (plus bank holidays and 3 additional days off over the Xmas period)
- Training (internally and externally)
- Free company events
- Pension scheme
- Passion project time
- Headspace Subscription
- The finest selection of tea, coffee and fresh fruit
- Ted Talk Tuesdays – we all get together and watch a TED talk (or similar on Tuesdays) which helps bring the team together and expand our minds that little bit more
- Annual Weekend Away
This is an exciting time to join an established and growing business; you’ll work on high profile projects and enjoy a relaxed and mature culture, great studio space and genuine development opportunities.
Over the past 12 years we’ve been through an evolution; from a 2 person team to a multi-disciplined company of 7 digital specialists. Our team delivers digital campaigns and sites for ecommerce companies and we produce top-notch creative content.
We like to challenge ourselves, so we’re looking for someone who’s really open to testing out new concepts when the opportunity presents itself.
Really important stuff
- Salary bracket of up to £28k, depending on experience (reviewed in first 3 months and annually)
- Location: our lovely studio (The Factory Floor) in central Cheltenham
Write to us and let us know why we should pick you: email@example.com
P.s. No recruitment agencies please, just excellent candidates!