Ecommerce UX Increasing Revenue by 138.34%
The Edinburgh Natural Skincare Company
Increase in Revenue.
Increase in Transactions.
Increase in AOV (Average Order Value).
About the Client
The Edinburgh Natural Skincare Company is one of the only beauty & cosmetic companies who've been making 100% Natural Skincare for over 10 years. Their products and skincare advice have converted over 15,000 people to the benefits of natural skincare and they have a loyal fanbase of over 40,000 people who rely on them for expert skincare advice.
The Edinburgh Natural Skincare Company was in a period of growth due to the digital marketing services we provide.
The site was converting 4% of traffic into sales; so there was room for improvement. The Edinburgh Skincare Company lacked the time and resources to be able to improve the conversion rate themselves, and therefore weren’t making the most of their increase in traffic.
The Edinburgh Natural Skincare Company needed an ecommerce UX agency who could unearth opportunities to increase the conversion rate and generate even more revenue from visitors to the website.
They turned to us (Factory Pattern) to help them increase their revenue by 138.34% year-on-year.
Founder, The Edinburgh Natural Skincare Co
“We've been with Factory Pattern for over a year for the simple reason that they understand our professional requirements and they're highly reliable, not to mention cool headed.”
- First, we conducted extensive UX research, including analysing the site in Google Analytics, getting user insights with Hotjar heatmaps and analysing user recordings. Plus, we ran a technical analysis of the existing WordPress / WooCommerce site to check if it was up to scratch.
- We identified that the product page and basket were areas to improve, in order to effectively increase conversions from online buyers. We knew that implementing these improvements could help the site users to choose the right products for them, (and choose more products too).
- Our design and development team worked together on improving the on-site experience with a mix of improvements to the WordPress theme; ensuring the experience was as fast and easy as possible.
- We discovered that 70% of visitors were using the mobile version of the site, and yet the conversion rate was low at 1.5%. The existing site wasn’t optimised for mobile, so a strong focus was placed in improving the mobile experience. This resulted in an increase to a 3% conversion rate within the first 3 months.
- The Edinburgh Natural Skincare Website Optimisation project resulted in a 138.34% increase in revenue.
- Since working with Factory Pattern, The Edinburgh Natural Skincare Company’s transactions have increased by 131.68%. Plus, by encouraging users to spend more, we’ve increased the AOV (Average Order Value) by 42.85%
Start a Conversation
Andy, our UX Director is on hand to answer your questions.