Frontend Web Developer
- Location: Cheltenham
- Salary: £35,000
Are you a driven and ambitious Frontend Web Developer, looking for a genuinely unique opportunity to join a high-growth, digital consultancy?
Do you want to work in a position where you’ll use your frontend development skills to deliver websites that meet client goals and convert to sales?
If so, we have an outstanding job vacancy for a Frontend Developer to join a high-performing digital consultancy based in Cheltenham, UK.
As a Frontend Developer, you will help develop robust and user friendly websites.
- Become a key part of the business, influence tech strategy
- Be part of a UX and digital marketing consultancy that creates beautifully crafted eCommerce experiences for national and international clients
- Have an in-depth understanding of WordPress and WooCommerce and know what makes them perform well
Over the past 14 years we’ve been through an evolution; from a small 2 person team to an integrated UX focused digital agency. Our digital team delivers campaigns and sites for ecommerce companies and we produce top-notch creative content.
We like to challenge ourselves, so we’re looking for someone who’s really open to testing out new technologies when the opportunity presents itself.
The stuff we’re expecting:
- You can write semantic, accessible HTML and modular, scalable CSS. Plus, you’re a competent PHP developer
- You’ve got experience building performant, responsive layouts with silky smooth user interactions
- You can assess the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs and are comfortable quoting development time for prospective work
- You’ve got experience developing in WordPress (plus WooCommerce) and Shopify
- You can use Git/Bitbucket to manage code
- You’re comfortable mentoring and supporting other members of the front-end team
- You’re up for helping to adapt and evolve our in-house development standards and processes
- You’ll be confident presenting to our clients and the wider company
- You’re excited to research, evaluate and share new technologies, methods and techniques
The stuff we’d love to see
- You know your way around Sketch, XD, Photoshop and other design tools
- You’re comfortable with SVGs and have maybe tinkered with a bit of front end animation
- Server-side stuff doesn’t scare you and you even know some Node or don’t mind getting stuck in with MySql
The nice stuff
We’re all about making Factory Pattern a seriously nice place to be.
Here are a few things we do:
- A holiday allowance of 25 days per year (plus bank holidays and 3 additional days off over the Xmas period)
- Annual Weekend Away
- Training (internally and externally)
- Free company events
- Pension scheme
- Passion project time
- Headspace Subscription
- A selection of tea, coffee and fresh fruit
- Ted Talk Tuesdays – we all get together and watch a TED talk (or similar on Tuesdays) which helps bring the team together and expand our minds that little bit more
Really important stuff
Starting salary: from £35,000 (reviewed in first 3 months and annually)
Location: our lovely studio (The Factory Floor) in central Cheltenham