UX Design & Shopify Development for Watch Pilot
How we helped Watch Pilot, an online watch retailer, streamline their design process and improve their ecommerce conversion rate by 36%.
With an existing website already, WatchPilot wanted to create a consistent and coherent user experience. The aim was to help the business grow and ensure partner brands such as U-Boat and Emporio Armani are represented well.
They also needed their website to be adaptable to ensure future updates are consistent with the existing design, as well as improve the user experience and brand perception.
The existing Shopify Theme was outdated, slow and lacking in key functionality. So, they required a theme which integrated well with Shopify 2.0.
- Design Review: An in-depth design review to identify inconsistencies across all instances of visual design elements, including typography, buttons, cards, navigation and colours
- UX Research: A visual design report to detail all inconsistencies, as well as UX best practice recommendations and our plan for improvement
- Armed with the design review and UX research data, we built a comprehensive Design System to build and maintain a set of design standards to ensure consistency and a great UX is achieved
- Shopify Development - once the UX was in place, we developed a bespoke Shopify theme for their existing website
- A new UX for WatchPilot which resulted in a 13% ecommerce conversion rate increase within the first 14 days of going live
- A comprehensive Design System that is regularly updated with new design standards
- A 13% increase in sales revenue with a faster Shopify site
- The building blocks for future web page designs, saving time when it comes to designing and building new pages
About the Client
WatchPilot offers a wide range of designer watches and position themselves as a ‘one stop shop’ to find your perfect timepiece. In order to elevate their website to stand out against their competitors, they came to Factory Pattern.
Start a Conversation
Andy, our UX Director is on hand to answer your questions.n