Bank Holidays and short working weeks are great in theory, but often we’re expected to cram 5 days worth of work into 4. Not so great. With that in mind, here are our top tips for being more productive at work:
- Tell colleagues that emails must be submitted in writing, and responses will be in the form of interpretive dance. That ought to stop them flooding your inbox.
- Take durian fruit into all your meetings. The invites will soon dry up, leaving you to get on with your work.
- Prioritise ruthlessly. You’ll soon find that very little in your day is truly necessary. Apart from lunch.
- Outsource tasks where possible. If your mum’s got time to watch Strictly, she’s got time to help you with your spreadsheets..
- Reward yourself for the boring jobs. Hate photocopying? Treat yourself afterwards by looking through a friend of a friend’s holiday photos on Facebook.
Thanks Innocent, we will definitely be trying out the interpretive dance response.